Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Marketing Myself
                    
Think of yourself as a product. How would you market yourself to a future employer using the other "3 P's"?


The three P's:
  1. Place
  2. Promotion
  3. Price
PLACE: To me its all about location, living in central NH through high school job opportunities were hard to come by. But since I started college I moved to Boston and was working 40hrs plus a week! Location is huge part of how I am able to market myself. Not only are there more jobs in the city, you can use public transportation! So you've heard it before....Location, Location, Location.

PROMOTION: I promote myself through publicity and public relations. I strongly believe life is all about net-working, making friends, and being good to those friends because you never know when you'll need a favor from then. Having good public relations once you have a job allows you to either keep that job or use it as a great reference.

PRICE: Everyone values there time and effort, whether its amount of quality or putting a price on it. I detailed cars for a few summers, and I believed my time was worth 15 dollars an hour as well as doing a job so they come back for another detail and hopefully they tell their friends and colleagues.

So that's how I market myself...How do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment