Friday, March 30, 2012

In response to Danielle's post

"What do you products say about you?"


Danielle blogged that "When marketing a product, companies choose which demographics of people they would like to market to. Factors for demographics can include age, gender, race, education, income, family size, region, climate, lifestyle, and motives, to name a few. This made me wonder about the products I consume, and what target demographic they were originally intended for. Am I inside that target?"

I looked at the largest product that I use very frequently as well:

My Truck: 1990 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer Edition

In 1990 this truck sold for almost $17,000 that's almost $30,000 today. This was when everyone drove SUV becuase gas was fairly inexpensive. Ford's focus for the bronco was the typical family SUV, however the Eddie Bauer Edition was the top of the line so people who owned these were more upper-middle class. It was considered the luxury SUV.
These days this truck is only worth $5,000. Even thou the original push was upper-middle class families, now a days I see many Bronco's in my area. But people of all ages are driving them.


No comments:

Post a Comment